Routledge: London, 2008
ISBN: Hb: 978-0-415-46302-7 / Pb: 978-0-415-45759-0
Environmental Modelling: an Uncertain Future? introduces students, scientists and decision makers to
- the different concepts and techniques of uncertainty estimation in environmental prediction;
- the philosophical background to different concepts of uncertainty;
- the constraint of uncertainties by the collection of observations and data assimilation in real-time forecasting;
- and techniques for decision making under uncertainty.
This book will be relevant to environmental modellers, practitioners and decision makers in hydrology, hydraulics, ecology, meteorology and oceanography, geomorphology, geochemistry, soil science, pollutant transport and climate change.
- There is an associated Matlab Toolbox, CRedible Uncertainty Estimation (CURE) that includes a variety of methods and workflows described in the book. More information on CURE can be found here.
to order see: http://www.routledge.com/books/Environmental-Modelling-isbn9780415457590